Skip to main content

Jinil Park's scribbly furniture


This chair by South Korean designer Jinil Park might not be the most comfortable piece of furniture, but I still want one. The images here look like rough drawings, but look closer and you'll see that they're actually photographs of life-sized and fully functioning lamps, tables and chairs. 

The metal wire gives them their sketchy look, with Jinil opting to use wires with different thicknesses to make them look more like doodles. All these stuff are part of his Drawing Series collection, which were on display at the Gwangju Design Biennale in South Korea in 2013.





"The key point of my work," he says "is the moments where the line is distorted. They express the designer's feeling, status, and emotion. In the matter of design, the line plays a very basic but also crucial role because it is an element that generates a standard point for both the beginning and the end of any work piece." 

Check out Jinil's website for more.

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post. It actually inspired me to share with you another useful article on the subject interior design shop drawings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thai artist paints on mosquito nets

I find them quite intriguing, these ghostly portraits that Uttaporn Nimmalaikaew paints on mosquito nets. His creations look like a hologram, changing form depending on where the viewer stands. Overall, they're gloomy, haunting, and endlessly fascinating. I could stare at them for ages. [h/t: Colossal ]

Experiencing Flight Through an Eagle's Eyes

Have you ever looked up and wondered, "What does it feel like to soar majestically like an eagle?" This video offers a captivating glimpse. Expert bird handler Lloyd Buck attached a small 360-degree camera and a GPS tracker directly to the back of one of these magnificent predatory birds. The entire setup creates a stunning, first-person virtual reality experience—only this one is real and features a creature with an impressively large wingspan. However, this isn't just for cool footage. The real mission is to capture valuable scientific data: examining how quickly an eagle can gain altitude and precisely how its incredible wings are adapted to achieve such breathtaking, effortless lift.

New Works by Hydeon

For years I thought I disliked Ian Ferguson's work, especially the early illustrations. But I became enamored by his art when I saw his more recent creations on Instagram . Also known as Hydeon, the Brooklyn-based visual artist is largely inspired by baroque, gothic, medieval and victorian era architectural movements, as well as Americana, street art, ancient myths, fairy tales, surrealism and graphic design. Hydeon's art ranges from small ink and graphite works to large painted installations, created with the use of cheap and found materials, such as ball point pens, pencils, wood panels and acrylic paint. He has worked with clients such as Bergdorf Goodman, Vans, RedBull, and more. In this video, Hydeon presents En Forme de Cône at Bim Bam gallery in Paris; a fusion between urban, medieval and folk art.