Skip to main content

Designer by day, illustrator by moonlight


Gica Tam is an illustrator and graphic designer born in New York and raised in Manila. Based on a figurative and contemporary style, she specializes in digital illustrations in beautiful and satisfying color palettes. When I stumbled upon her visual diary, I immediately fell in love with her art. I felt like I was transported into someone else's dream, not wanting to leave. But never mind what I have to say, the work speaks for itself.

She graduated in 2015 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Information Design from Ateneo de Manila University. During the past years, Gica has worked for brands and publishers such as Airbnb, Havaianas, Nike, Under Armour, Adobo Magazine, CNN Life, Summit Media, Young STAR, GRID Magazine, and Macmillan Publishers.

If you're a fan, like I expect you should be, follow her on Instagram for more art and inspiration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai artist paints on mosquito nets

I find them quite intriguing, these ghostly portraits that Uttaporn Nimmalaikaew paints on mosquito nets. His creations look like a hologram, changing form depending on where the viewer stands. Overall, they're gloomy, haunting, and endlessly fascinating. I could stare at them for ages. [h/t: Colossal ]

Experiencing Flight Through an Eagle's Eyes

Have you ever looked up and wondered, "What does it feel like to soar majestically like an eagle?" This video offers a captivating glimpse. Expert bird handler Lloyd Buck attached a small 360-degree camera and a GPS tracker directly to the back of one of these magnificent predatory birds. The entire setup creates a stunning, first-person virtual reality experience—only this one is real and features a creature with an impressively large wingspan. However, this isn't just for cool footage. The real mission is to capture valuable scientific data: examining how quickly an eagle can gain altitude and precisely how its incredible wings are adapted to achieve such breathtaking, effortless lift.

New Works by Hydeon

For years I thought I disliked Ian Ferguson's work, especially the early illustrations. But I became enamored by his art when I saw his more recent creations on Instagram . Also known as Hydeon, the Brooklyn-based visual artist is largely inspired by baroque, gothic, medieval and victorian era architectural movements, as well as Americana, street art, ancient myths, fairy tales, surrealism and graphic design. Hydeon's art ranges from small ink and graphite works to large painted installations, created with the use of cheap and found materials, such as ball point pens, pencils, wood panels and acrylic paint. He has worked with clients such as Bergdorf Goodman, Vans, RedBull, and more. In this video, Hydeon presents En Forme de Cône at Bim Bam gallery in Paris; a fusion between urban, medieval and folk art.