Skip to main content

When life gives you infinite quarantines, grow your own fruit tree.




One of my most satisfying activities is tending my garden. My front yard is flourishing with culinary herbs, fruits, and vegetables, and I don't think I'm ever going to tire of seeing home-sown seedlings. Here's the newest addition to my plant family. I don't really like the taste of guyabano (soursop) but findings suggest that it could be beneficial for those with diabetes, which runs in my family. Who would have thought that I would get into gardening? I could barely keep a mung bean plant alive in science class. For me gardening is a stress buster, and it feels cool to eat stuff you grew yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai artist paints on mosquito nets

I find them quite intriguing, these ghostly portraits that Uttaporn Nimmalaikaew paints on mosquito nets. His creations look like a hologram, changing form depending on where the viewer stands. Overall, they're gloomy, haunting, and endlessly fascinating. I could stare at them for ages. [h/t: Colossal ]

'Women of the Future,' according to vintage trading cards

Firefighter In 1902, French artist Albert Bergeret printed this set of trading cards depicting women and their futuristic occupations as firefighters, politicians, soldiers, lawyers, and journalists. Titled Women of the Future , these collectibles were released primarily for the boys, that's why many of these outfits fall more on the side of post-Victorian pin-up calendar than professional attire. General Marine Journalist Artist [h/t: Dangerous Minds ]

Experiencing Flight Through an Eagle's Eyes

Have you ever looked up and wondered, "What does it feel like to soar majestically like an eagle?" This video offers a captivating glimpse. Expert bird handler Lloyd Buck attached a small 360-degree camera and a GPS tracker directly to the back of one of these magnificent predatory birds. The entire setup creates a stunning, first-person virtual reality experience—only this one is real and features a creature with an impressively large wingspan. However, this isn't just for cool footage. The real mission is to capture valuable scientific data: examining how quickly an eagle can gain altitude and precisely how its incredible wings are adapted to achieve such breathtaking, effortless lift.