Skip to main content

He Left an Impression


Today I was creeping out on Behance and I came across the work of Anthony Ventura. There are so many talented illustrators out there, and it's always refreshing when I find someone who's work pretty much makes my day, for a bunch of reasons. It's easy to get lost in his world, and I could spend hours looking at all of the posters, magazine artworks, and digital drawings that he created.

The images of Chris Cornell and Nick Cave are quite ominous, and George Harrison looks somewhat sublime. The portrait of Ginger Wildheart for Planet Rock really amuses me and puts me in the mood to eat cannabis-laced sweets for dessert.




If you like what you see (and why wouldn't you?), you can get signed prints from Anthony's Big Cartel store or T-shirts from Threadless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai artist paints on mosquito nets

I find them quite intriguing, these ghostly portraits that Uttaporn Nimmalaikaew paints on mosquito nets. His creations look like a hologram, changing form depending on where the viewer stands. Overall, they're gloomy, haunting, and endlessly fascinating. I could stare at them for ages. [h/t: Colossal ]

Experiencing Flight Through an Eagle's Eyes

Have you ever looked up and wondered, "What does it feel like to soar majestically like an eagle?" This video offers a captivating glimpse. Expert bird handler Lloyd Buck attached a small 360-degree camera and a GPS tracker directly to the back of one of these magnificent predatory birds. The entire setup creates a stunning, first-person virtual reality experience—only this one is real and features a creature with an impressively large wingspan. However, this isn't just for cool footage. The real mission is to capture valuable scientific data: examining how quickly an eagle can gain altitude and precisely how its incredible wings are adapted to achieve such breathtaking, effortless lift.

The Adorable Sculptures of Yen Yen Lo

These images are from a series of wall sculptures created by Yen Yen Lo . Here you can see her intricately textured ceramic pieces, looking downright adorable. Yen Yen Lo's eye for the unique and whimsical is delightful. Apparently they are not intended for kids under 16. Fifteen-year-olds cannot be trusted with fragile stuff. Get them a Funko Pop instead.